Cranbourne Primary School is the oldest primary school in Cranbourne. It was first built in 1890 on its original site and moved to its present site in February 1969. In 1989 the administration wing was a welcome addition. The Library recieved a face lift thanks to generous sponsorship provided by a former student Lawson Poole. In 2010 a new building was constructed under the federal BER initiative. In 2011 a further government grant enabled an upgrade to the main building, to develop open flexible learning spaces.